Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Navajo Tacos

If you need a good home cooked meal that is quick and easy this is the one.  I was in a hurry last night and it was 4:30 and I still had to go to the grocery store and grocery shop for the week.  When I got home it was close to 6:00 and I needed to have dinner done before 7:00, so we could leave again.

I knew I was going to make Navajo tacos for dinner so before I left to go grocery shopping I hurried and made the scone dough so it could raise while I was gone. 

Scone Dough:

1 Package rapid rise yeast
1 Teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoon oil
2 Cups flour
2 Tablespoon sugar
1 Cup warm water
Mix together yeast, flour, salt, and sugar.  Mix well.  Add oil and warm water.  Can put more water if need or more flour.  Knead on floured surface for 5 minutes.  Put in bowl to rise.  Then cook in oil.

If you don't want to make the dough you can use Rhodes rolls. Thaw and let them rise, then stretch and fry them up.

For the chili it is a really quick and easy chili

Chili:

3 Cans Dark kidney beans, undrained
3 Cans pinto beans, undrained
1 Pound hamburger
1 Can tomato soup
2 Cans tomato sauce
Brown sugar to taste
1 Can diced tomatoes with green chiles
3 Beef bouillon cubes
Chili Powder to taste

Brown hamburger.  Drain off any fat.  Add kidney beans, pinto beans, tomato soup, tomato sauce, tomatoes with green chiles, bouillon cubes, chili powder and brown sugar.  Mix it all together and bring to a boil.  I let it boil while I am waiting for the grease to heat up and fry the scones. 

Serve with your favorite toppings.

I was going to get a picture of them but I was in such a hurry, my kids had them ate before I could take one.

The rest of the week I will be posting my menu which consists of:
Swiss Steak with Baked potato and Corn
Goulash with Homemade bread
Sizzling Beef and Scallions
Crunchy Onion Chicken with Two Cheese Linguine

I know that is only 4 meals for 7 days.  When I make my weekly meals I write everyday of the week and then do a meal for the days we will home to eat.  Like this week, I do left overs every Wednesday because my husband has bowling, Thursday my oldest has his Blue and Gold Banquet for scout and they are serving dinner.  Then a party on Saturday.  I am sure I will makes some desserts throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment