Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Homemade Corndogs


My kids love corn dogs, but I don't buy them very often is because having 3 boys they eat alot and corn dogs are kinda expensive in the store so I found this recipe to make them homemade and it is inexpensive.

1 cup flour
2 tablespoons super fine sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
Salt and Pepper
2 Teaspoon dry mustard
2 Teaspoon paprika
1 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 Teaspoon onion powder
1 Teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 Cup cornmeal
1 Cup milk
1 Egg
8 hot dogs
Wooden skewers

Heat oil to 250.  Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, pepper, mustard, paprika, cayenne pepper, onion and garlic powder into a bowl.  Stir in cornmeal.
In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk and 2 tablespoons oil.  Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.  Put hot dogs onto wooden skewers and dip in batter.  Fry until golden brown.

***The next time I make these I am going to make mini corn dogs, it will be easier to fit in my fryer and to make.  They are delish and a big hit with my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment