Monday, May 30, 2011

Dinner Tonight, 2 New Recipes!!!



I made steak, vegetable rice medley, and broccoli with cheese.  I made teriyaki steak,  I just use the Kikkoman teriyaki marinade and followed the directions.

Broccoli with Cheese Recipe:

1 medium bunch of broccoli, cut into spears
2 tablespoons water
3 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
dash of pepper
dash of nutmeg
1 Cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Place the broccoli and water in a microwave safe bowl.  Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile in a small saucepan whisk cornstarch, seasonings and milk until smooth.  Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.  Stir in cheese and Worcestershire sauce until cheese is melted.  Drain broccoli, top with cheese sauce.

***I didn't cook my broccoli in the microwave I just put a little water in a pot and cooked it on the stove.

Vegetable Rice Medley

1 Cup uncooked long grain rice
2 1/4 Cups water
2 to 3 Tablespoons onion or vegetable soup mix
1/4 Teaspoon salt
2 Cups frozen corn, peas, or mixed vegetable

In a saucepan, combine the rice, water, soup mix, and salt; bring to a boil.  Add the vegetables; return to a boil.  Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.  Cook until rice and vegetables are tender. 

***The next time I make this recipe I will exchange the water out with chicken stock to give it a little more flavor and I would add a 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment