Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

I am one that really thinks Valentines is kind of a stupid holiday.  I don't we should just show love 1 day a year to the ones we love, we should show it all year around.  I did get 2 dozen of beautiful roses and chocolate from my hubby.
Tonight for Valentines I want my 3 boys to know that Valentines is special for some girls so I made a candle light 3 course dinner for them.  I set the table kinda fancy and served them dinner a course at a time.

The first course Salad
Main Course Chicken, Broccoli, Mushroom Alfredo and Garlic bread
Dessert: Brownie Sundaes

My oldest Trey just kept saying this is really fancy Mom, thanks for doing this.  He is so sweet.

The recipe for the Alfredo

10oz Package fettuccine noodles
1 1/3 Cup whipping cream
2/3 Cup milk
1/3 Cup butter
1/4 Teaspoon oregano
1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 Teaspoon pepper
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1/3 Cup Parmesan cheese

Mix cream, milk, and butter in a large skillet.  Add oregano, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.  Bring to a boil and then simmer until sauce is decreased by half and thickened.  Stir in parmesan cheese. I add in cooked cubed chicken, steammed broccoli and mushrooms.

1 comment:

  1. I love all your recipes and ideas, thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete