Sunday, April 17, 2011

Coca Cola Baked Beans

I haven't ever made these beans so I made theses and my ones that I make all the time.
8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
1 12oz can Coca Cola
1 6oz can tomato paste
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 Teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 15oz can kidney beans, drained
1 15oz can pinto beans, drained
2 8oz can crushed pineapple, drained

Cook bacon and onion over, medium high heat in large skillet until bacon is browned and crispy.  Drain fat, set aside.

Preheat oven to 375. Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. 

Combine coca cola, tomato paste, mustard and hot pepper sauce in large bowl; mix well.  Add beans, pineapple and bacon to mixture to coca cola mixture; mix well.  Transfer to prepared dish.  Bake, uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until beans are hot and bubbly.


So I tried these beans, they aren't my favorite.  I got mixed reviews about them.  Half of them liked them and the other half didn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment