Monday, December 29, 2014

"When baking follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste." --Laiko Bahrs

I am back and try to do better than posting every two years.
My goal with this blog is to make people excited about cooking and try to teach everyone to try to use fresh ingredients. 

The reason I am wanting to start this blog again is, I have been reading a new book  My Life in France Julia Child. 

I am only about a quarter of they way thru her book but she talks about her life,  how she became a cook, how she learned about certain ingredients and how to prepare them in different ways while she went to the Le Cordon Bleu in Paris during the war.  She got me thinking I don't think I will every have the opportunity to ever go to cooking school but I love cooking so I figured with everything I have learned by researching and watching cooking shows I could pass on to other people. 

I have many favorite chefs and would personally love to meet but maybe someday. 

I hope you all like this blog. 

My goal is to put up weekly menus with a grocery list, recipes and lots of pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment